Investigating Pollination 101:
- is a K-3rd grade level unit study for individuals or group settings such as homeschool
co-ops, Mini 4-H groups, or school classrooms.
- Is in a colorful, 20-page magazine format.
- Describes different pollinators (butterflies,wind, honey bees, bats, mason bees) in an fun, readable format with illustrations and photographs.
- Describes why pollinators are attracted to various flowers.
- Describes how pollination produces fruit.
- Teaches the child how to make a pollinator-friendly habitat.
- Describes the importance of honey bees and introduces the tiny mason bees.
- includes 7 investigations and worksheets that children can do--plus a test at the end to see what the child has learned.
- includes websites and resources.
- includes the following lab/sketch book in which the child plants one pumpkin seed and records what she/he sees.
Here is the first page of the lab manual/sketch journal...
...and here is the last page:
Enjoy investigating tiny things together!